Jean Prouvé, 1930
The Cité armchair is an early masterpiece by the French designer and engineer Jean Prouvé. Originally designed to furnish the student residence halls at the Cité Universitaire in Nancy, Prouvé also used this comfortable, expansive armchair with powder-coated steel runners and leather belt armrests in the living room of his own home.
Leather Premium FMore colors
- Cover: seat and backrest with a continuous cover in fabric or leather.
- Upholstery: neck cushion in polyurethane foam, height-adjustable.
- Seat height: 335 mm (210 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Base: bent sheet steel, powder-coated finish (smooth).
- Glides: fitted with plastic glides for carpet; felt glides for hard floors optionally available.
This product was designed by
Jean Prouvé, who regarded himself as an engineer throughout his lifetime, was both the designer and manufacturer of his product ideas. His unique oeuvre, ranging from a letter opener to door and window fittings, from lighting and furniture to prefabricated houses and modular building systems, encompasses almost anything that is suited to industrial production and construction.
COPYRIGHT ©2023 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings