Eames Storage Unit ESU, Bookcase
Charles & Ray Eames, 1949
The ESU Bookcase is four units high. Fitted with drawers and sliding doors, it provides plenty of practical storage space.
- Metal surfaces: black powder-coated finish.
- Shelves: maple plywood with birch face veneer (Poland and Finland), transparent lacquer finish.
- Panels: powder-coated aluminium.
- Legs: individual levelling adjustment.
- Applications: recommended for home use only.
- Sliding doors: moulded plywood lacquered
Eames Storage Unit ESU
In 1949, Charles and Ray Eames developed an innovative system of freestanding, multifunctional shelves and desks. Similar to the simultaneously constructed Eames House, these designs adhered to the principles of industrial production: the Eames Storage Unit (ESU) and the Eames Desk Unit (EDU). In collaboration with the Eames Office and Dutch designer Hella Jongerius, a carefully defined new ...
This product was designed by
Charles & Ray Eames
Charles and Ray Eames are counted among the most important figures of twentieth-century design. Their work spans the fields of furniture design, filmmaking, photography and exhibition design. Vitra is the sole authorised manufacturer of Eames products for Europe and the Middle East. When you own an Eames product made by Vitra, you know it is an original.
COPYRIGHT ©2020 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings