Jean Prouvé, 1951
Fauteuil Direction is especially suited for dining room seating or as an armchair in home offices. The design reflects Jean Prouvé's characteristic aesthetic vocabulary, which is based on structural requirements. The comfortably upholstered armchair is available with fabric or leather covers in a selection of different colours.
Leather Premium FMore colors
- Seat and backrest: polyurethane filling; cover in fabric or leather.
- Seat height: 505 mm (445 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1:2000).
- Armrests: solid wood in natural oak with oiled finish, dark stained oak with protective natural lacquer finish, or American walnut with oiled finish.
- Base: bent sheet steel and tubular steel, powder-coated (smooth).
- Glides: hard glides for carpet or felt glides for hard floors.
- Origin of wood: oak (Quercus robur) from Western Europe and/or Poland; American walnut (Juglans nigra) from the USA.
This product was designed by
Jean Prouvé, who regarded himself as an engineer throughout his lifetime, was both the designer and manufacturer of his product ideas. His unique oeuvre, ranging from a letter opener to door and window fittings, from lighting and furniture to prefabricated houses and modular building systems, encompasses almost anything that is suited to industrial production and construction.
COPYRIGHT ©2023 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings