Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby, 2014
The sofas of the Mariposa family are comfortably soft and invitingly cosy, while exuding a modern flair. Fitted with two seat cushions, the 2½-seater offers an inviting place to stretch out lengthwise ...
from 5,400.00 EUR
Iroko 2More colors
- Structural frame: webbed metal frame with polyurethane foam.
- Seat cushions: polyurethane and visco foams with chamber cushion overlay. Chamber cushion overlay filled with feathers and PU rods.
- Back and armrest cushions: chamber cushion filled with stripped-quill feathers and PU rods.
- Covers: removable.
- Seat height: 425 mm (280 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Glides: plastic glides with levelling adjustment.
- Note: cushions should be regularly shaken and plumped to retain their fullness and shape.
- Applications: recommended for home use only.
The variously sized sofas of the Mariposa family are cosy and inviting, yet with a modern touch. They owe their extraordinary comfort to the pleasantly soft upholstery and an ingenious adjustment mechanism, which makes it possible to individually adapt the side and backrest elements for various sitting or reclining positions. The Mariposa sofas do not openly display their functional features: the ...
This product was designed by
Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby
Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby studied architecture as fellow students at the Royal College of Art in London. Since that time, their collaborative work has probed the interface between industrial design, furniture design and architecture.
COPYRIGHT ©2020 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings