Alcove Highback Work
Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, 2010
The fundamental idea behind the Alcove product family - providing places of shelter and seclusion - also applies to Alcove Highback Work: it shields users both visually and acoustically from the ...
from 6,830.00 EUR
Tubular steel frame
- Upholstery: Alcove Sofas come in two different upholstery versions, soft 'lounge upholstery' for relaxed sitting and firmer 'work upholstery' for work-oriented sitting with various seat heights. Lounge upholstery = 485 mm (measured according to EN 1335-1 = 325 mm), work upholstery = 480 mm (measured according to EN 1335-1 = 385 mm).
- Structural frame: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth); metal frame with MDF panel.
- Body: high back and side panels form a visual and acoustic shield, integrated MDF boards for structural support, panel sections connected with zip fasteners.
- Seat and back cushions: polyurethane foam and polyester fibre. Work upholstery for work-oriented seating.
- Seat height: 480 mm (385 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Box: MDF carcass covered in polyurethane foam.
- Legs: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth).
- Tablet desk: two bonded MDF panels, covered in leather.
A sofa can go beyond being a mere piece of furniture to become a room within a room. This was the idea that inspired Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec in their design of the Alcove Sofa. With its comfortable seat and backrest upholstery and the high, flexible side and back panels, the Alcove Sofa creates a sheltered niche of privacy, a place of retreat. The Alcove family features a variety of different ...
This product was designed by
Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The brothers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec live and work in Paris. Their oeuvre ranges from small everyday objects to architectural projects. They have worked with Vitra since 2000 and have contributed numerous designs to both the office and home collections.
COPYRIGHT ©2021 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings