Soft Modular Sofa Two-seater
Jasper Morrison, 2016
- Seat: steel frame, wood construction with steel springs, polyurethane foam structure and visco cover.
- Seat height: 380 mm (270 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1:2000).
- Armrests and backrest: wood construction with polyurethane foam structure and chamber cushion overlay (filling made of polyurethane foam rods and polyester fibres).
- Covers: removable.
- Throw cushions: foam cube and ball fibre filling.
- Neck cushion: polypropylene pellet filling.
- Glides: plastic glides with levelling adjustment.
- Ottoman structure: wood construction, steel springs and polyurethane foam structure with visco cover.
Soft Modular Sofa
The Soft Modular Sofa is Jasper Morrison's updated interpretation of what has become a modern classic: the low-slung modular sofa with a decidedly horizontal emphasis. Uniting carefully balanced proportions, great comfort and a conscious renunciation of decorative details, the Soft Modular Sofa exemplifies the characteristics of this sofa type in their purest form. Firmly in line with his philosophy of 'super normal' design, Jasper Morrison has successfully coupled home-like informality with precise finishing and expressive clarity. As a result, the Soft Modular Sofa functions like an architectural element that can be subtly integrated in any interior. The voluminous cushions invite the sitter to lounge and relax on the Soft Modular Sofa. Its high-quality interior construction, consisting of various foams and a spring core, offers superb comfort and ensures that the cushions return to their original form after use. The black base frame is part of the functional structure, enabling a practical and stable connection of the modules. Designed as a plinth-like platform with rounded corners, it also references the sensual elegance of art deco. Thanks to its modular design with side, corner and central elements, platform and chaise longue, the size and form of the Soft Modular Sofa can be customised to meet a diverse range of requirements. And optional elements like the ottoman and additional cushions as well as a wide selection of leather and fabric covers in an array of colours allow further personalisation of any individual configuration.
Jasper Morrison lives and works in London and Tokyo. His designs are expressions of the ‘super normal’ design philosophy: rather than seeking unusual or extravagant results, he often breathes new life into proven solutions by means of reinterpretation, further development and refinement. He has worked together with Vitra on a regular basis since 1989.