Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, 2006/08
Designed by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec, the Alcove Sofa was inspired by the idea of creating a sheltered niche of privacy. Depending on the size of the model, two or three people can enjoy the comfort ...
- Upholstery: Alcove Sofas come in two different upholstery versions, soft 'lounge upholstery' for relaxed sitting and firmer 'work upholstery' for work-oriented sitting with various seat heights. Lounge upholstery = 485 mm (measured according to EN 1335-1 = 325 mm), work upholstery = 480 mm (measured according to EN 1335-1 = 385 mm).
- Structural frame: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth); metal frame with upholstery webbing (lounge upholstery) or MDF base board (work upholstery).
- Body: back and side panels with integrated MDF boards for structural support, panel sections connected with zip fasteners.
- Upholstery/seat: polyurethane foam and polyester fibre. Alcove Sofas come in two different upholstery versions: soft 'Lounge' upholstery for relaxed sitting and firmer 'Work' upholstery for work-oriented sitting.
- Seat heights: Lounge upholstery 485 mm (325 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1); Work upholstery 480 mm (385 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1)
- Covers: removable.
- Back cushions and cushion set: polyurethane chips and microfibre filling. The cushion set is sold separately.
- Legs: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth).
- Alcove Love Seat: incl. 1 back cushion.
- Cushion set for Love Seat: 2 armrest cushions and 1 small back cushion.
- Alcove two- and three-seater: incl. 2 back cushions.
- Cushion set for two- and three-seaters: 2 armrest cushions and 2 small back cushions.
A sofa can go beyond being a mere piece of furniture to become a room within a room. This was the idea that inspired Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec in their design of the Alcove Sofa. With its comfortable seat and backrest upholstery and the high, flexible side and back panels, the Alcove Sofa creates a sheltered niche of privacy, a place of retreat. The Alcove family features a variety of different ...
This product was designed by
Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The brothers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec live and work in Paris. Their oeuvre ranges from small everyday objects to architectural projects. They have worked with Vitra since 2000 and have contributed numerous designs to both the office and home collections.
COPYRIGHT ©2021 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings