Hella Jongerius, 2015
The distinctive design of the comfortable Polder Sofa by Hella Jongerius derives from its asymmetrical shape, varied combinations of fabrics and colours, and carefully chosen details. It is available ...
Fabric mix night blue
Fabric mix golden yellow
Fabric mix red
- Structural frame: wooden frame.
- Seat cushions: polyurethane foam with interactive pocket spring core, chamber cushions (filled with foam cubes and feathers) and polyester fleece.
- Back cushions: polyurethane foam with polyester fleece and chamber cushions (filled with foam cubes and feathers).
- Armrest cushion: detached bolster, freely positionable, sand-weighted, polyurethane foam filling.
- Cover: coordinated combinations of various colours and fabric types, removable.
- Ottoman: wooden frame with polyurethane foam. The fabric and colour of the Ottoman matches that of the sofa.
- Applications: recommended for domestic use only.
In the home country of Dutch designer Hella Jongerius, the word 'polder' refers to low-lying flatlands, typically subdivided into fields serving various agricultural purposes, which have been reclaimed from the sea by means of dykes and drainage canals. With their flat surfaces, low-slung body and horizontal emphasis, both Polder sofas evoke the characteristic features of the polder landscape. ...
This product was designed by
The Dutch designer Hella Jongerius lives and works in Berlin. She founded the Jongeriuslab studio in 1993 and began collaborating with Vitra in 2004. Since then, she has not only contributed a substantial number of designs to the continually expanding Vitra Home Collection, but has also applied her expertise in the realm of colours and materials to the Vitra Colour & Material Library.
COPYRIGHT ©2020 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings