Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, 2012
Alcove Cabin creates a secluded space, which is enclosed on all sides and accessible through a single opening. It provides visual and acoustic privacy for four to six people. On the inside, Alcove ...
- Upholstery: Alcove Sofas come in two different upholstery versions, soft 'lounge upholstery' for relaxed sitting and firmer 'work upholstery' for work-oriented sitting with various seat heights. Lounge upholstery = 485 mm (measured according to EN 1335-1 = 325 mm), work upholstery = 480 mm (measured according to EN 1335-1 = 385 mm).
- Structural frame: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth); metal frame with MDF panel.
- Body: back and side panels with integrated MDF boards, connecting panel with integrated MDF board and metal structure, panel sections connected with zip fasteners.
- Upholstery/seat and backrest: polyurethane foam and polyester fibre. Work upholstery for work-oriented seating.
- Seat height: 480 mm (385 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Covers: removable.
- Legs: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth).
- Table top: powder-coated MDF or oak veneer (Europe).
- Table legs: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth).
A sofa can go beyond being a mere piece of furniture to become a room within a room. This was the idea that inspired Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec in their design of the Alcove Sofa. With its comfortable seat and backrest upholstery and the high, flexible side and back panels, the Alcove Sofa creates a sheltered niche of privacy, a place of retreat. The Alcove family features a variety of different ...
This product was designed by
Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The brothers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec live and work in Paris. Their oeuvre ranges from small everyday objects to architectural projects. They have worked with Vitra since 2000 and have contributed numerous designs to both the office and home collections.
COPYRIGHT ©2020 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings