George Nelson, 1955
- Shell: glass fibre reinforced plastic in white.
- Upholstery: one-piece polyurethane foam padding.
- Seat height: 295 mm (255 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1:2000).
- Base: tubular steel, polished chrome finish.
- Glides: fitted with plastic glides for carpet; felt glides for hard floors optionally available.
George Nelson is regarded as one of the most important figures in American design. Active as an architect, a product and exhibition designer and a writer, he was a leading voice in the discourse on design and architecture over several decades. Vitra is the sole authorised manufacturer of specified Nelson products for markets in Europe and the Middle East.