Opening hours and regulations
The Vitra Campus is open daily from 12 noon to 5 pm. The Depot Deli is open Wed. to Sun. from 9.30 am to 2 pm. In museums and restaurants, a proof of full vaccination or recovery and a negative test or a proof of booster vaccination are required. In the VitraHaus and shops, a proof of full vaccination or recovery are required. FFP2 masks are compulsory indoors.
- From train station Basel Badischer Bahnhof: Bus 55 to bus stop “Vitra“ (approx. 15 min) or by train with the Deutsche Bahn to Weil am Rhein (one stop, approx. 5 min).*
- From train station Basel SBB, Barfüsserplatz, Claraplatz, Kleinhüningen: Tram 8 to terminal stop “Weil am Rhein Bahnhof/Zentrum“.*
- From Euroairport Basel/Mulhouse: Bus 50 to train station Basel SBB (approx. 15 min), change to Tram 8 to terminal stop “Weil am Rhein Bahnhof/Zentrum“.*
- From train station Weil am Rhein: Follow the signs to the Vitra Campus along Müllheimer Str. (duration approx. 15 min, walking distance approx. 1 km).
- From Germany: Autobahn A5 Karlsruhe-Basel, exit 69 Weil am Rhein, turn left and follow the signs to the Vitra Design Museum.
- From Switzerland: Autobahn A5 Basel-Karlsruhe, exit 69 Weil am Rhein, turn left and follow the signs to the Vitra Design Museum.
- From France: From Strasbourg via border crossing at Palmrain Bridge (D), E 35 to the Vitra Campus.
Shuttle service «24 Stops»:
- From Fondation Beyeler, Riehen (Switzerland): On Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays (March – October) at 11:30 a.m. & 3:30 p.m. from departure point «Waterspout» by Tobias Rehberger (Bachtelenweg). 6 Euros per person, children free. Pay (cash only) on the «24 Stops» shuttle. No minimum number of passengers. Please find more information here.
Museums / gastronomy
Basel Museum of Fine Arts
Restaurants in Basel
The Museum Pass
Public transport connection