Fauteuil Direction Pivotant
Jean Prouvé, 1951
The swivel seat of Fauteuil Direction Pivotant is height adjustable, and the backward tilt mechanism can be adapted to the individual user's weight. These features are paired with the generous upholstery to ensure optimum comfort. Leather or fabric covers are available in many different colours, making it easy to find the ideal chair for any type of business workplace or home office.
Leather Premium FMore colors
- Seat and backrest: polyurethane filling; cover in fabric or leather.
- Armrests: solid wood in natural oak with oiled finish, dark stained oak with protective natural lacquer finish, or American walnut with oiled finish.
- Base: five-star base made of bent sheet steel and tubular steel, powder-coated (smooth). Equipped with double castors in basic dark, Ø 60 mm.
- Seat mechanism: adjustable backward tilt, lockable in the forward position. Continuous seat height adjustment with gas spring.
- Origin of wood: oak (Quercus robur) from Western Europe and/or Poland; American walnut (Juglans nigra) from the USA.
- Note: the steel frame in Métal Brut has a raw irregular surface protected by a transparent powder coating.
This product was designed by
Jean Prouvé, who regarded himself as an engineer throughout his lifetime, was both the designer and manufacturer of his product ideas. His unique oeuvre, ranging from a letter opener to door and window fittings, from lighting and furniture to prefabricated houses and modular building systems, encompasses almost anything that is suited to industrial production and construction.
COPYRIGHT ©2023 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings