ID Visitor Mesh
Antonio Citterio, 2021
The backrest of ID Visitor Mesh is covered with a 3D spacer fabric, which makes it not just pleasantly breathable but also soft and pliable. The seat padding is optionally available in a more sustainable PU-free version, and the cantilever base is stackable.
- Backrest: plastic backrest covered with 3D spacer fabric; double seam around the edge. Armrests made of polypropylene in basic dark or dim grey.
- Seat cushion: polyurethane foam or optional PU-foam-free padding (F). Seat cover in woven fabric or 3D spacer fabric.
- Base: tubular steel cantilever base, in chrome or powder-coated in basic dark or soft grey. Can be stacked (max. 4 chairs).
- Note: as stacking can cause scratches, we recommend the chrome version for this purpose. In the stackable version, the seat cover is in basic dark (with armrests in basic dark) or soft grey (with armrests in dim grey).
- Optional accessory: a multipurpose folding desk tablet in black plastic is available for the version in chrome.
ID Visitor is a comfortable touchdown chair designed by Antonio Citterio in collaboration with Vitra, perfectly coordinated with the ID Chair Concept. Thanks to its understated functional design, ID Visitor can combined with almost any office chair and integrated in a wide variety of work environments. The backrest can be selected from a choice of four versions to match those of the other ID Chairs. The base follows the same construction as the legendary Visavis visitor chair from Vitra, but the new backrests and powder-coated materials give it fresh contemporary appearance. The seat cushions and upholstered backrest versions are also available in polyurethane-free recyclable foam. This upholstery padding – manufactured using a brand-new technology – adapts to the shape of the user and offers excellent comfort. With a broad selection of upholstery fabrics and colours, it is easy to find the perfect ID Visitor chair for every office environment.
The architect and designer Antonio Citterio, who lives and works in Milan, has collaborated with Vitra since 1988. Together they have produced a series of office chairs and various office systems, as well as products for the Vitra Home Collection. The Citterio Collection is constantly being expanded.