Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, 2006/2021
The fundamental concept behind the Alcove product line – creating places of shelter and seclusion – is especially evident in the Alcove Highback Sofa. Within the high side and back panels of the ...
from 3,610.00 EUR
Cosy 2More colors
- Body: back and side panels with organic fibreboard core, connected with zip fasteners. Quilted cover with polyester-fibre padding.
- Frame: tubular steel with chrome-plated finish or powder-coated (smooth).
- Legs: steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth). Felt glides. Optionally equipped with lockable castors, in black plastic.
- Upholstery: Alcove Sofas come in two different upholstery versions: soft ‚Lounge‘ upholstery for relaxed sitting and firmer ‚Work‘ upholstery for work-oriented sitting.
- Structural frame: metal frame with upholstery webbing.
- Seat cushion: polyurethane foam and polyester fibre.
- Seat height: 485 mm (325 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Back cushions and optional cushion set: polyurethane chips and microfibre filling.
- Alcove Fauteuil and Love Seat: incl. 1 back cushion.
- Alcove 2-Seater and 3-Seater: incl. 2 back cushions.
- Optional cushion set for Love Seat: 2 armrest cushions (600 x 400 mm) and 1 back cushion (710 x 220 mm).
- Optional cushion set for 2-Seater: 2 armrest cushions (600 x 400 mm) and 2 back cushions (420 x 220 mm).
- Optional cushion set for 3-Seater: 2 armrest cushions (600 x 400 mm) and 2 back cushions (710 x 220 mm).
- Covers: removable.
- Structural frame: metal frame with MDF base board.
- Seat/back cushions: polyurethane foam and polyester fibre.
- Seat height: 480 mm (385 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Covers: removable.
The 'room in a room' is a concept that Vitra has intensively pursued over many years in collaboration with the designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec. In 2006, the idea of mobile micro-architectural elements led to the development of the Alcove family, which has been continuously expanded with new models ever since. Nearly one-and-a-half metres high, the side and back panels of the Alcove Highback ...
This product was designed by
Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The brothers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec live and work in Paris. Their oeuvre ranges from small everyday objects to architectural projects. They have worked with Vitra since 2000 and have contributed numerous designs to both the office and home collections.
COPYRIGHT ©2021 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings