Konstantin Grcic, 2020
The Citizen armchair combines an unconventional design with a new way of sitting: the seat is suspended on three cables, enabling a pleasant swinging movement and a unique dynamic experience for the ...
from 2,140.00 EUR
Cosy 2More colors
Leather PremiumMore colors
Tubular steel frame
- Frame: tubular steel, powder-coated in deep black (textured finish).
- Back: support shell in rigid polyurethane foam, encased in moulded polyurethane foam.
- Neck cushion: filled with a mix of 50% polyester fibre and 50% ball fibre.
- Seat: metal inserts, encased in moulded polyurethane foam. Suspended on frame by means of three steel cables, cathodic dip coating in black.
- Cover: fabric or leather.
- Seat height: 455 mm (320 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Base: four-star swivel base made of tubular steel, powder-coated in deep black (textured finish), plastic glides with felt inserts.
The Citizen armchair combines an unconventional design with a new way of sitting: the seat is suspended on three cables to enable a pleasant swinging movement, while the backrest is firmly attached to the steel frame. This unique dynamic sitting experience is enhanced by the sink-in effect of the cantilever frame, which is mounted on a swivel base. Citizen is characterised by its tubular steel ...
This product was designed by
Konstantin Grcic was trained as a cabinetmaker at Parnham College in Dorset before studying industrial design at the Royal College of Art in London. In 1991 he set up his own practice, Konstantin Grcic Design. The Vitra Design Museum devoted a monographic exhibition to Grcic and his work in 2014.
COPYRIGHT ©2021 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings