Hella Jongerius, 2018
Vlinder combines the archetypal form of a comfortable sofa with a precisely tailored duvet-like fabric cover. The textile cover bears the Dutch designer's distinctive signature and pushes the ...
Vlinder - light greens
Vlinder - dark greens
Vlinder - light reds
Vlinder - dark reds
- Body frame: wooden construction, with zigzag springs in the seat section and upholstery webbing in the backrest.
- Upholstery construction (body): multilayer polyurethane foam in different levels of firmness, top layer made of viscoelastic foam, with polyester fleece.
- Cover: chamber cushion structure, filled with a mix of goose feathers and down, as well as polyurethane and latex rods. Three-part design (two armrest sections, one seat-backrest section). Secured to sofa body with zip fasteners.
- Seat height with cover: 400 mm (270 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Covers: all covers are removable.
- Glides: steel legs with felt glides
- Note: designed only for private use. We recommend that the cover is regularly shaken.
When creating the new Vlinder Sofa, Hella Jongerius drew on her extensive knowledge of weaving techniques along with her ten years of experience as Art Director for colours and materials at Vitra. Vlinder combines the archetypal form of a comfortable sofa with a precisely tailored duvet-like fabric cover. The textile cover bears the Dutch designer's distinctive signature and pushes the boundaries ...
This product was designed by
The Dutch designer Hella Jongerius lives and works in Berlin. She founded the Jongeriuslab studio in 1993 and began collaborating with Vitra in 2004. Since then, she has not only contributed a substantial number of designs to the continually expanding Vitra Home Collection, but has also applied her expertise in the realm of colours and materials to the Vitra Colour & Material Library.
COPYRIGHT ©2020 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings