Jean Prouvé, 1950
- Material: powder-coated tubular steel, oakwood handle, cord dimmer, 1 bulb included.
- Socket: E27.
- Light source: Porcelain III, LED Globe 125 mm.
- Dimmability: dimmer.
- Kelvin: 2700 K (warm white).
- Plug: Euro flat 2-pin (type C plug), UK 3-pin (type G plug) or US 2-pin (type A plug).
- Cable length: from cable outlet to dimmer 75 cm, from dimmer to plug 300 cm.
- Max. watt: 12 W.
- Energy efficiency: F
Designed as a pivoting wall lamp for the 'Maison Tropique', Potence is regarded as one of Jean Prouvé's puristic masterpieces. The fascination of this luminaire, which is over two metres long and dimmable, stems from the spareness of its materials and forms. Petite Potence has similar proportions to the larger model Potence, while its compact dimensions are ideally suited to smaller interiors.
Jean Prouvé, who regarded himself as an engineer throughout his lifetime, was both the designer and manufacturer of his product ideas. His unique oeuvre, ranging from a letter opener to door and window fittings, from lighting and furniture to prefabricated houses and modular building systems, encompasses almost anything that is suited to industrial production and construction.