Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby, 2014
The extraordinary comfort of the variously sized Mariposa sofas derives from their pleasantly soft upholstery and the adjustment mechanism in the arm and backrest elements. The expansive 3-seater ...
Iroko 2More colors
- Structural frame: webbed metal frame with polyurethane foam.
- Seat cushions: polyurethane and visco foams with chamber cushion overlay. Chamber cushion overlay filled with feathers and PU rods.
- Back and armrest cushions: chamber cushion filled with stripped-quill feathers and PU rods.
- Glides: plastic glides with levelling adjustment.
- Covers: removable.
- Range of use: recommended for residential use only.
The variously sized sofas of the Mariposa family are cosy and inviting, yet with a modern touch. They owe their extraordinary comfort to the pleasantly soft upholstery and an ingenious adjustment mechanism, which makes it possible to individually adapt the side and backrest elements for various sitting or reclining positions. The Mariposa sofas do not openly display their functional features: the ...
This product was designed by
Edward Barber & Jay Osgerby
Edward Barber and Jay Osgerby studied architecture as fellow students at the Royal College of Art in London. Since that time, their collaborative work has probed the interface between industrial design, furniture design and architecture.
COPYRIGHT ©2020 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings