Eames Storage Unit ESU
Charles & Ray Eames, 1949
In collaboration with the Eames Office and Dutch designer Hella Jongerius, a carefully defined new colour scheme was chosen to give the ESU and EDU a fresh and contemporary look while still celebrating the spirit of the 1940s and '50s. The wider ESU Shelf is available in various heights, from a sideboard to a tall bookshelf. The ESU Bookcase is somewhat narrower and fitted with drawers and sliding doors to provide practical storage options.
- Metal surfaces: black powder-coated finish.
- Shelves: birch plywood with maple face veneer (Poland and Finland), transparent lacquer finish.
- Panels: powder-coated aluminium.
- Legs: individual levelling adjustment.
- Applications: recommended for domestic use only.
Charles & Ray Eames
Charles and Ray Eames are counted among the most important figures of twentieth-century design. Their work spans the fields of furniture design, filmmaking, photography and exhibition design. Vitra is the sole authorised manufacturer of Eames products for Europe and the Middle East. When you own an Eames product made by Vitra, you know it is an original.