George Nelson, 1955
The comparison of the Coconut Chair to an eighth of a sectioned coconut goes back to the designer himself, George Nelson – a prominent exponent of American mid-century modernism. However, the colour ...
Leather PremiumMore colors
- Shell: glass fibre reinforced plastic in white.
- Upholstery: one-piece polyurethane foam padding.
- Seat height: 295 mm (255 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Base: tubular steel, polished chrome finish.
- Glides: fitted with plastic glides for carpet; felt glides for hard floors optionally available.
This product was designed by
George Nelson is regarded as one of the most important figures in American design. Active as an architect, a product and exhibition designer and a writer, he was a leading voice in the discourse on design and architecture over several decades. Vitra is the sole authorised manufacturer of specified Nelson products for markets in Europe and the Middle East.
COPYRIGHT ©2021 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings