Antonio Citterio, 2019
Grand Relax by Antonio Citterio is a luxurious reclining lounge chair combining outstanding comfort with compact dimensions and a classic understated aesthetic.
from 5,020.00 EUR
Cosy 2More colors
Leather PremiumMore colors
- Seat/body: moulded polyurethane foam with plastic frame and integrated synchronised mechanism with locking device.
- Seat heights: 415 mm (310 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1) or 465 mm (360 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Base: four-star swivel base in die-cast aluminium, polished or powder-coated finish.
- Seat cushion: chamber cushion filled with polyurethane foam lozenges and ball fibres.
- Back cushion and neck cushion: chamber cushion filled with polyurethane foam cubes and a mix of goose feathers and down.
- Note: Cushions should be regularly shaken and plumped to retain their original fullness and shape.
- Note: The back shell, the understructure of the seat and ottoman, and the adjustment knob for backrest resistance are covered in Leather Forte (decorative split leather).
- Note: The base version determines the finish of the other metal parts (mechanism control lever, cap on resistance adjustment knob).
- Note: total height with headrest in highest position 1080 or 1130 mm.
- Ottoman: MDF panel covered with polyurethane foam and polyester fleece; chamber cushion filled with polyurethane foam lozenges and ball fibres.
- Base: non-swivel four-star base in die-cast aluminium, polished or powder-coated finish.
- Glides: fitted with plastic glides for soft floors or felt glides for hard floors.
Grand Relax is a luxurious reclining lounge chair combining outstanding comfort with compact dimensions and a classic understated aesthetic. The exceptional seating experience offered by this chair stems from the harmonious interplay of diverse elements and its conception as a leather-upholstered furnishing. High-quality covers in leather or fabric encase the soft seat and back cushions, which sit loosely on the lounge chair and snugly envelop the sitter. When sitting down, the user sinks slowly into the cushions, while a concealed integrated mechanism absorbs the weight and moves the chair into a reclined position. The seat and backrest move independently in synchronised motion. A control knob can be rotated to adjust the resistance of the mechanism, and the backrest can be locked at any angle. Mounted on an elegant four-star base made of aluminium, the lounge chair can be rotated 360°. A matching ottoman is available as a footrest or additional seating option. Grand Relax features a combination of choice materials, such as cast aluminium, elegant fabrics and high-quality leather. Antonio Citterio developed the armchair with the material foremost in mind, and wanted the cushions to have a 'lived-in' look. He therefore selected particularly soft cushions that give each armchair an individual, relaxed appearance – especially with leather covers, which acquire an appealing patina with visible creases over time. The lower half of the outer backrest shell is covered with embossed split leather, forming a type of shield that enfolds the user, while defining the contours of the lounge chair. The combination of split leather with the rest of the armchair creates a dynamic contrast between the armchair's inner and outer faces, which can be further accentuated with the choice of different colours. Grand Relax has a compact yet inviting appearance. The carefully designed proportions of the low-slung body, long armrests and upward tapering backrest visually emphasise the dynamic seating experience and emanate a comfortable feeling of security.
This product was designed by
The architect and designer Antonio Citterio, who lives and works in Milan, has collaborated with Vitra since 1988. Together they have produced a series of office chairs and various office systems, as well as products for the Vitra Home Collection. The Citterio Collection is constantly being expanded.
COPYRIGHT ©2021 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings