Alcove Plus Desk
Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, 2021
Alcove Plus Desk is a touchdown workstation that shields users both visually and acoustically, making it ideally suited for focussed tasks. Alcove Plus Desk comes in three sizes and can be fitted with portable partition screens, which are attached to the side panels with zip fasteners. These offer added privacy but can also be used to establish traffic patterns within the office, create additional niches or form larger structures.
from $ 6,225.00
Cosy 2More colors
Table top / Tray
- Body/structure: back and side panels with organic fibreboard core and metal frame, connected with zip fasteners. Quilted covers with polyester-fibre padding. A zip fastener along the front edge of the side panels allows for attachment to the optional Alcove Plus Paravent. Metal frame for stabilisation of back and side panels and for support of table top.
- Covers: removable.
- Table top: thickness 25 mm, high-density three-ply fine particle board with melamine coating and 3-mm ABS edge; or MDF board, powder-coated (textured finish); or in oak veneer (sourced in Europe) with straight veneered edge 2.5-3.0 mm.
- Table height: 740 mm.
- Cable basket: steel wire, powder-coated in black, W 444 x D 114 x H 164 mm. Maximum number of baskets for large desk: 3 units; medium desk: 2 units; and small desk: 1 unit.
- Legs: tubular steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth). Non-slip glides, levelling adjustment +/- 10mm.
- Electrification: When ‘table-top electrification’ is selected, please configure the suitable Port 120 or 180 as required and order separately along with the feed cable, cable conduit, under-table electrification, distribution block etc. At least one Alcove Plus Desk cable basket is required per Port. The simplest electrification version does not require a Port; cables can be installed on the surface of the table between the table top and panel. The minimum requirement is one cable basket, one power outlet strip and one feed cable. These must also be ordered separately.
The 'room in a room' is a concept that Vitra has intensively pursued over many years in collaboration with the designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec. In 2006, the idea of mobile micro-architectural elements led to the development of the Alcove family, which has been continuously expanded with new models ever since. Nearly one-and-a-half metres high, the side and back panels of the Alcove Highback Sofa are padded and covered with fabric to offer effective sound absorption, a casual appearance and inviting comfort. With these characteristics, Alcove was perfectly timed for contemporary offices concepts, when Apple changed human communication habits forever with the launch of the first iPhone in 2007. What was just an intuition at that time has now become a reality: the physical decoupling of communication and personal work. Over the past years, this development has transformed the office into a social hub. Personal work can be performed anywhere – at home, in a café, in a coworking space or at the pool. Consequently, the office must offer new options for users and provide a flexible overall concept for companies. Alcove’s product features extend beyond the properties of a simple piece of furniture: with side and back panels in various heights, Alcove units form rooms within a room, creating ideal spaces for concentrated work or for small meetings. The models in the Alcove family comprise two groups: Alcove and Alcove Plus. The various products in the Alcove group feature a visible frame with ample floor clearance, lending them a sense of airiness, flexibility and lightness. Depending on the model, variants are available with low side and back panels to facilitate communication, with castors for added agility, or with upholstery in a choice of firmness. Alcove Plus elements differ from Alcove as a result of their panels, which extend to the floor and also conceal the frame, and optional mobile partition screens that can be attached to the high side panels with zip fasteners. This serves, for example, to increase privacy, establish traffic patterns within the office, create additional niches or form larger structures. Alcove and Alcove Plus are also ideal for mixed configurations that bring structure to open layouts and their work processes. And thanks to the flexible design of these structures, they can be quickly and easily adapted to new requirements. The quilted fabric-covered panels create a feeling of casual comfort and security, while effectively absorbing ambient noise.
This product was designed by
Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The brothers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec live and work in Paris. Their oeuvre ranges from small everyday objects to architectural projects. They have worked with Vitra since 2000 and have contributed numerous designs to both the office and home collections.
COPYRIGHT ©2021 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings