Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, 2010/2021
When sitting in Alcove Work Highback, the user is scarcely visible or audible to the outer environment. The integrated writing tablet with power and data options makes this version a flexible retreat ...
from $ 7,745.00
Cosy 2More colors
Table top / Tray
- Structural frame: tubular steel with chrome-plated finish or powder-coated (smooth), metal frame with MDF base board.
- Body: back and side panels with organic fibreboard core, connected with zip fasteners. Quilted cover with polyester-fibre padding.
- Seat/back cushions: polyurethane foam and polyester fibre.
- Seat height: 480 mm (385 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Box: wooden carcass covered in polyurethane foam.
- Tablet desk: thickness 25 mm, high-density three-ply fine particle board with melamine coating and 3-mm ABS edge; or MDF board, powder-coated (textured finish); or in oak veneer (sourced in Europe) with straight veneered edge 2.5-3.0 mm.
- Covers: removable.
- Legs: steel, chrome-plated or powder-coated (smooth). Felt glides. Optionally equipped with lockable castors, in black plastic (only for version without electrification).
The 'room in a room' is a concept that Vitra has intensively pursued over many years in collaboration with the designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec. In 2006, the idea of mobile micro-architectural elements led to the development of the Alcove family, which has been continuously expanded with new models ever since. Nearly one-and-a-half metres high, the side and back panels of the Alcove Highback ...
This product was designed by
Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The brothers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec live and work in Paris. Their oeuvre ranges from small everyday objects to architectural projects. They have worked with Vitra since 2000 and have contributed numerous designs to both the office and home collections.
COPYRIGHT ©2021 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings