Alberto Meda, 2011
Designed by Alberto Meda who infused the waiting area system with his trademark lightness and elegance, Meda Gate offers exceptional comfort thanks to a cantilever frame. Its stability and robust materials easily meet the rigorous demands associated with public waiting areas.
- Seat shell: Polyurethane integral foam (robust seat shell with upholstered effect, self-supporting on a steel frame) or split leather.
- Armrests: Ring armrests of die-cast aluminium. With silver coating or polished.
- Base: Aluminium T support profile. Silver grey natural anodised aluminium or polished anodised aluminium. Die-cast aluminium legs. Silver coating or polished.
- Table unit: Made of black solid core laminate.
- Note: A supporting beam with 2 legs can accommodate a maximum of 5 large elements (seat/table elements) and 2 lateral table elements. For the configuration of the bench, please indicate the positions from left to right as viewed from the front (see ordering example below).
Meda Gate combines high comfort (cantilever frame) with easy maintenance. Meda Gate’s elegant design hides the technical sophistication that makes it easy to assemble. The system is suitable for demanding use in public waiting areas.
This product was designed by
Alberto Meda lives and works in Milan. He teaches at IUAV University of Venice and lectures at leading design colleges and institutions. He has worked together with Vitra since 1994. During this time, his designs for office chairs and a variety of tables have made a significant contribution to the success of Vitra’s Office Collection.
COPYRIGHT ©2022 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings