Wire Chair DKW
Charles & Ray Eames, 1951
The Wire Chairs by Charles and Ray Eames echo the form of the Eames Plastic Chairs. The spot-welded wire shell gives the metal chairs their transparent look, while the wooden base of the DKW lends a ...
from £ 495.00
Leather/back panel Plano
Leather/back panel Leather
Leather Premium/back panel Leather Premium
Leather Premium/back panel PlanoMore colors
Seat and base (Wire Chair DKW)
- Upholstery: unupholstered, with seat cushion or with seat and back pad. Seat and back pads can be removed and reattached; available in Hopsak fabric or leather.
- DKW: Dining Height K-Wire Shell Wood-Base
- Seat shell: bent and welded steel wire, powder-coated in basic dark.
- Base: solid maple with stained finish, steel rod cross struts. Fitted with plastic glides for carpet; felt glides for hard floors optionally available.
- Origin of wood: maple (Acer platanoides) from Western Europe and/or Poland.
Designed by Charles and Ray Eames out of welded steel wire, the Wire Chair is a variation on the theme of the organically shaped one-piece seat shell, combining transparent lightness with technological sophistication. The seat shell can be combined with a choice of different bases. The Wire Chair is available without upholstery, with a seat cushion or with a two-piece seat and back cushion known ...
This product was designed by
Charles & Ray Eames
Charles and Ray Eames are counted among the most important figures of twentieth-century design. Their work spans the fields of furniture design, filmmaking, photography and exhibition design. Vitra is the sole authorised manufacturer of Eames products for Europe and the Middle East. When you own an Eames product made by Vitra, you know it is an original.
COPYRIGHT ©2020 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings