Charles & Ray Eames, 1956
The Lounge Chair by Charles and Ray Eames is one of the great furniture designs of the twentieth century. Offering ultimate comfort, this elegant chair has been produced by Vitra since the 1950s using ...
from 5,505.00 EUR
Seat and back shells (American cherry)
Base (American cherry)
Seat and back shells (black ash)
Base (black ash)
Seat and back shells (black-pigmented walnut)
Base (black-pigmented walnut)
Leather Premium F (white-pigmented walnut)
Seat and back shells (white-pigmented walnut)
Base (white-pigmented walnut)
Seat and back shells (Santos palisander)
Base (Santos palisander)
- Seat and back: moulded plywood, different face veneers. Classic version in American cherry (USA), santos palisander (Brazil; certified sustainability) or black-pigmented walnut (USA). White version: white-pigmented walnut (USA). Black version: ash with a black lacquer finish (Germany).
- Upholstery/Cover: removable cushion units, covers in leather.
- Seat height: 380 mm (250 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Armrests: attached to the seat and back shells with shock mounts (bonded rubber and metal connectors).
- Base: five-star swivel base and back braces in die-cast aluminium. Black sides with polished aluminium edges, all-aluminium with polished finish or all-chrome version.
- Glides: all bases fitted with hard glides for carpet, felt glides optionally available for hard floors.
'Why don't we make an updated version of the old English club chair?' With this comment, Charles Eames initiated the development of the Lounge Chair, a process that took several years. The aim was to satisfy the desire for an amply proportioned chair that combined ultimate comfort with the highest quality materials and craftsmanship. The armchair designed by Charles and Ray Eames in 1956 set new ...
This product was designed by
Charles & Ray Eames
Charles and Ray Eames are counted among the most important figures of twentieth-century design. Their work spans the fields of furniture design, filmmaking, photography and exhibition design. Vitra is the sole authorised manufacturer of Eames products for Europe and the Middle East. When you own an Eames product made by Vitra, you know it is an original.
COPYRIGHT ©2021 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings