East River Chair
Hella Jongerius, 2014
The East River Chair by Hella Jongerius is a striking, small armchair composed of diverse materials such as wood, metal, leather and fabric. The carefully selected combination of colours and materials ...
Light mix 01
Red mix 02
Green mix 04
Blue mix 05
- Seat shell: laminated.
- Upholstery: polyurethane foam with fabric and leather cover.
- Cover: Premium Leather and various fabrics (Laser, Hopsak, Plano) in coordinated colour combinations.
- Seat height: 400 mm (330 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Base: legs in natural oak with steel cross braces powder-coated in ivory or dark oak legs with braces powder-coated in coffee.
- Glides: fitted with plastic glides for carpet, felt glides for hard floors additionally included.
- Origin of wood: oak (Quercus robur) from Western Europe and/or Poland.
East River Chair
Products designed by Hella Jongerius demonstrate a unique blend of industry and craft, high and low-tech, traditional and modern – characteristics which are also evident in the East River Chair: with its distinctive form and casual combination of such diverse materials as wood, metal, leather and fabric, this small armchair clearly bears the Dutch designer's signature. The colours of the East ...
This product was designed by
The Dutch designer Hella Jongerius lives and works in Berlin. She founded the Jongeriuslab studio in 1993 and began collaborating with Vitra in 2004. Since then, she has not only contributed a substantial number of designs to the continually expanding Vitra Home Collection, but has also applied her expertise in the realm of colours and materials to the Vitra Colour & Material Library.
COPYRIGHT ©2020 VITRA INTERNATIONAL AG. ALL RIGHTS RESERVEDCookie Settings