AC 5 Meet
Antonio Citterio, 2017
- Seat mechanism: tilt mechanism, lockable in upright position. Mechanism housing in polished aluminium.
- Backrest: self-supporting backrest construction with horizontally stitched padding. Cover in fabric or leather.
- Seat: polyurethane foam padding. Cover in fabric or leather.
- Armrests: without armrests or with polished die-cast aluminium ring armrests, optional leather pads (pads are matched to the leather upholstery; for chairs with fabric covers, the leather armrest pads are in the colour nero).
- Base: four-star base in polished die-cast aluminium on glides. Swivel mount with shock-absorbing seat suspension.
AC 5 Group
Jointly developed by Antonio Citterio and Vitra, the AC 5 Group is a family of task chairs designed to furnish modern, disparate office landscapes in a consistent aesthetic. Their trim shapes, sophisticated aluminium components and classic Hopsak cover fabric lend these chairs a dignified elegance. At the same time, the various models of the AC 5 Group cover a wide performance spectrum. These high-quality, versatile chairs are especially well suited for specific applications: from the ergonomically optimised task chair AC 5 Work and the reductive functionality of AC 5 Studio to the conference chair AC 5 Meet. Contemporary office environments provide diverse settings in which employees can work alone or in groups as needed – whether at ergonomic single workstations or agile team hubs, in closed meeting rooms or informal interaction spaces. With its distinctive angled backrest, the AC 5 design becomes a unifying visual element in open-plan offices. It can either be used in a uniform version for an understated effect or with the wide range of Hopsak colours to create striking accents or form thematic groups.
The architect and designer Antonio Citterio, who lives and works in Milan, has collaborated with Vitra since 1988. Together they have produced a series of office chairs and various office systems, as well as products for the Vitra Home Collection. The Citterio Collection is constantly being expanded.