Antonio Citterio, 2014
- Mechanism: FlowMotion conference mechanism with individual adjustment of backrest resistance. Fixed seat height with shock-absorbing seat suspension for added comfort.
- Backrest and seat: seat shell with integrated armrests and height-adjustable neck cushion (Highback). Backrest shell made of plastic; seat and back upholstery made of polyurethane foam. Leather cover.
- Base: four-star base in polished die-cast aluminium. Fitted with plastic glides for carpet or felt glides for hard floors.
- Grand Conference Highback: high backrest with height-adjustable neck cushion.
- Grand Conference Lowback: medium-height backrest without neck cushion.
Grand Executive & Grand Conference
The Grand Executive chair combines the elegance of the Grand Repos lounge chair, which was designed by Antonio Citterio for the Vitra Home Collection, with the functionality of a modern office chair. The dignified aura of the Grand Executive chair is complemented by a sleek aesthetic. Covered in high-quality leather, its softly padded upholstery provides supreme comfort. Decorative seams highlight the chair’s handcrafted details and delineate its volumetric structure. The FlowMotion mechanism can be adapted to the individual user to ensure synchronised comfort in every sitting position. The Grand Executive Highback model is equipped with an adjustable neck cushion. The Grand Executive chair comes in different versions: Grand Executive Lowback is distinguished by its lower backrest and Grand Executive Conference offers a sophisticated solution for visitor and conference seating. Together with Grand Repos and Repos, they form a family of chairs that gives a unified look to offices and conference rooms as well as lobbies, waiting zones and reception areas.
The architect and designer Antonio Citterio, who lives and works in Milan, has collaborated with Vitra since 1988. Together they have produced a series of office chairs and various office systems, as well as products for the Vitra Home Collection. The Citterio Collection is constantly being expanded.