Antonio Citterio, 2019
The lower half of the outer backrest shell is covered with embossed split leather, forming a type of shield that enfolds the user, while defining the contours of the lounge chair. The combination of split leather with the rest of the armchair creates a dynamic contrast between the armchair's inner and outer faces, which can be further accentuated with the choice of different colours.
- Seat/body: moulded polyurethane foam with plastic frame and integrated synchronised mechanism with locking device.
- Seat heights: 415 mm (310 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1:2000) or 465 mm (360 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1:2000).
- Base: four-star swivel base in die-cast aluminium, polished or powder-coated finish.
- Seat cushion: chamber cushion filled with polyurethane foam lozenges and ball fibres.
- Back cushion and neck cushion: chamber cushion filled with polyurethane foam cubes and a mix of goose feathers and down.
- Note: Cushions should be regularly shaken and plumped to retain their original fullness and shape.
- Note: The back shell, the understructure of the seat and ottoman, and the adjustment knob for backrest resistance are covered in Leather Forte (decorative split leather).
- Note: The base version determines the finish of the other metal parts (mechanism control lever, cap on resistance adjustment knob).
- Note: total height with headrest in highest position 1080 or 1130 mm.
- Ottoman: MDF panel covered with polyurethane foam and polyester fleece; chamber cushion filled with polyurethane foam lozenges and ball fibres.
- Base: non-swivel four-star base in die-cast aluminium, polished or powder-coated finish.
- Glides: fitted with plastic glides for soft floors or felt glides for hard floors.
The architect and designer Antonio Citterio, who lives and works in Milan, has collaborated with Vitra since 1988. Together they have produced a series of office chairs and various office systems, as well as products for the Vitra Home Collection. The Citterio Collection is constantly being expanded.