Eames Desk Unit EDU
Charles & Ray Eames, 1949
In collaboration with the Eames Office and Dutch designer Hella Jongerius, a carefully defined new colour scheme was chosen to give the EDU a fresh and contemporary look while still celebrating the spirit of the 1940s and '50s. With its eye-catching combination of coloured panels, the EDU desk adds a cheerful and inviting accent to the home office. The panels also function as a modesty shield and partially enclose the two storage compartments. The metal support frame is height-adjustable to accommodate uneven floors.
- Table top: plywood with birch veneer (Poland and Finland).
- Metal surfaces: black powder-coated finish.
- Panels: powder-coated aluminium.
- Shelves: maple plywood with birch face veneer (Poland and Finland), transparent lacquer finish.
- Legs: individual levelling adjustment.
- Applications: recommended for residential use only.
Charles & Ray Eames
Charles and Ray Eames are counted among the most important figures of twentieth-century design. Their work spans the fields of furniture design, filmmaking, photography and exhibition design. Vitra is the sole authorised manufacturer of Eames products for Europe and the Middle East. When you own an Eames product made by Vitra, you know it is an original.