Jean Prouvé, 1951
- Seat and backrest: polyurethane filling; cover in fabric or leather.
- Seat height: 505 mm (445 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1:2000).
- Armrests: solid wood in natural oak with oiled finish, dark stained oak with protective natural lacquer finish, or American walnut with oiled finish.
- Base: bent sheet steel and tubular steel, powder-coated (smooth).
- Glides: hard glides for carpet or felt glides for hard floors.
- Origin of wood: oak (Quercus robur) from Western Europe and/or Poland; American walnut (Juglans nigra) from the USA.
- Note: the steel frame in Métal Brut has a raw irregular surface protected by a transparent powder coating.
Jean Prouvé, who regarded himself as an engineer throughout his lifetime, was both the designer and manufacturer of his product ideas. His unique oeuvre, ranging from a letter opener to door and window fittings, from lighting and furniture to prefabricated houses and modular building systems, encompasses almost anything that is suited to industrial production and construction.