HAL Lounge Chair
Jasper Morrison, 2021
Despite its compact dimensions, the lounge chair is exceptionally comfortable. It comes with soft loose seat and neck cushions or, if preferred, with an integrated seat cushion.
The HAL Lounge Chair can be paired with the HAL Ottoman, allowing users to enjoy its full comfort with their feet up. Both the HAL Lounge Chair and HAL Ottoman come with removable covers.
We are here to assist you.
- Chair/body: fibreglass-reinforced plastic shell made from post-industrial recycled ABS plastic, encased in moulded polyurethane foam.
- Neck cushion filling: ball fibres and siliconised fibres.
- Filling loose seat cushion: polyurethane foam.
- Base: natural oak or dark oak; connection between shell and base made of die-cast aluminium, powder-coated in dim grey.
- Seat heights: armchair with loose seat cushion 420 mm (320 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1:2000); armchair with integrated seat cushion 400 mm (320 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1:2000).
- Ottoman: plywood panel, polyurethane foam and polyester fibre.
- Base: natural oak or dark oak, leg connection in fibreglass-reinforced plastic.
- Origin of wood: oak (Quercus robur) from Western Europe and/or Poland.
- Glides: plastic glides for carpet or felt glides for hard floors.
- Covers: removable.
Jasper Morrison lives and works in London and Tokyo. His designs are expressions of the ‘super normal’ design philosophy: rather than seeking unusual or extravagant results, he often breathes new life into proven solutions by means of reinterpretation, further development and refinement. He has worked together with Vitra on a regular basis since 1989.