Jean Prouvé, 1930
- Cover: seat and backrest with a continuous cover in fabric or leather.
- Upholstery: neck cushion in polyurethane foam, height-adjustable.
- Seat height: 335 mm (210 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Base: bent sheet steel, powder-coated finish (smooth).
- Glides: fitted with plastic glides for carpet; felt glides for hard floors optionally available.
- Note: the steel frame in Métal Brut has a raw irregular surface protected by a transparent powder coating.
Jean Prouvé, who regarded himself as an engineer throughout his lifetime, was both the designer and manufacturer of his product ideas. His unique oeuvre, ranging from a letter opener to door and window fittings, from lighting and furniture to prefabricated houses and modular building systems, encompasses almost anything that is suited to industrial production and construction.