Slow Chair & Ottoman
Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, 2006
- Frame/Cover: tubular steel frame with extremely strong, precisely shaped knitted fabric which is stretched over the frame.
- Upholstery: polyurethane foam and polyester fibre, including a seat cushion and two backrest cushions.
- Seat height: 330 mm (230 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1).
- Base: die-cast aluminium legs with polished or powder-coated finish.
- Glides: all legs fitted with hard glides for carpet; felt glides optionally available for hard floors.
- Applications: recommended for home use only.
Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec created this expansive armchair by using an extremely strong, precisely shaped knit which is stretched over the metal frame like a fitted stocking. Thanks to the knit sling cover, the Slow Chair combines soft comfort with ergonomic support, which is further enhanced by thin seat and back cushions. The translucent sling cover replaces the thick cushions of traditional armchairs, resulting in a design that is lightweight, yet generously proportioned. In the living room or on a sun porch, the Slow Chair maintains an understated presence while offering superb comfort.
Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The brothers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec live and work in Paris. Their oeuvre ranges from small everyday objects to architectural projects. They have worked with Vitra since 2000 and have contributed numerous designs to both the office and home collections.