Antonio Citterio, 2017
The clean lines and geometric forms of the generously dimensioned sofa elements create a spacious platform for sitting or reclining. Despite its expansive proportions, Grand Sofà has a slender profile: the slim, fabric-covered body is doubly angled to form a cascading seat, backrest and rearward ledge. The body is supported at two points under each end of the seat surface and behind the backrest by a bridge-like aluminium base frame, making the sofa appear to float above the floor. The seating elements are open on the sides, which emphasises the horizontal planes of Grand Sofà. Consumers can choose between a full-length backrest or a shortened version. This makes it possible to produce large seating arrangements with gaps and viewpoints – a sofa landscape with an almost topographical character, conveying an expression of lightness and variability.
- Body: metal frame with moulded polyurethane foam.
- Seat cushions: polyurethane foam core and chamber cushion (filled with polyurethane foam lozenges, latex and a mix of goose feathers and down).
- Lumbar cushion 60 x 30 x 6 cm: filled with a mix of feathers/down and ball fibre.
- Back cushion 60 x 52 x 8 cm: filled with a mix of feathers/down and ball fibre.
- Back cushion 70 x 60 x 8 cm: filled with a mix of feathers/down and ball fibre – combination with neck cushion recommended.
- Back cushion 90 x 60 x 8 cm, latex filling: heavy filling of latex and feathers – cushion nestles against the angled backrest when used without neck cushion.
- Armrest cushion 59 x 27 x 15 cm: filled with a mix of feathers/down and ball fibre, sand-weighted.
- Neck cushion 70 x 17 x 15 cm: filled with a mix of feathers/down and ball fibre, sand-weighted.
- Covers: removable.
- Legs: die-cast aluminium, polished or powder-coated.
- Glides: non-slip.
- Accessory: Sofa Tray made of steel, covered with split leather.
- Note: the designations 'left' and 'right' refer to the perspective when viewing the sofa from the front.
- Note: with the exception of neck and armrest cushions, all cushions are available in a tufted version.
- Note: back cushions are not included with the sofa and must be ordered separately.
- Note: cushions should be regularly shaken and plumped to retain their fullness and shape.
- Applications: recommended for domestic use only.
The architect and designer Antonio Citterio, who lives and works in Milan, has collaborated with Vitra since 1988. Together they have produced a series of office chairs and various office systems, as well as products for the Vitra Home Collection. The Citterio Collection is constantly being expanded.