Konstantin Grcic, 2020
- Frame: tubular steel, powder-coated in deep black (textured finish).
- Back: support shell in rigid polyurethane foam, encased in moulded polyurethane foam.
- Neck cushion (Citizen Highback): filled with a mix of 50% polyester fibre and 50% ball fibre.
- Seat: metal inserts, encased in moulded polyurethane foam. Suspended on frame by means of three steel cables, cathodic dip coating in black.
- Cover: fabric or leather.
- Seat height: 455 mm (320 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1:2000).
- Base: four-star swivel base made of tubular steel, powder-coated in deep black (textured finish), plastic glides with felt inserts.
Konstantin Grcic was trained as a cabinetmaker at Parnham College in Dorset before studying industrial design at the Royal College of Art in London. In 1991 he set up his own practice, Konstantin Grcic Design. The Vitra Design Museum devoted a monographic exhibition to Grcic and his work in 2014.