Alberto Meda, 2004
The flexible backrest frame, seat and front legs are moulded in one piece and adapt to the user’s body movements. Together with the breathable netweave fabric, the design ensures comfortable sitting over long periods.
- Backrest: netweave sling cover (Netline).
- Seat upholstery: polyurethane foam padding with fabric or leather cover.
- Armrests: die-cast aluminium with polished or chrome-plated finish or powder-coated in basic dark.
- Base and backrest: backrest frame, front legs and seat shell moulded from a single piece of fibreglass-reinforced polyamide (basic dark). Back legs in aluminium with polished or chrome-plated finish or powder-coated in basic dark.
- Note: only MedaSlim chairs with chrome-plated legs are suitable for stacking (up to 5 chairs). The polished and powder-coated versions should not be stacked as this could scratch the surface.
Alberto Meda lives and works in Milan. He teaches at IUAV University of Venice and lectures at leading design colleges and institutions. He has worked together with Vitra since 1994. During this time, his designs for office chairs and a variety of tables have made a significant contribution to the success of Vitra’s Office Collection.