Soft Modular Sofa
Jasper Morrison, 2016
Combine and assemble
Thanks to its modular design with side, corner and central elements as well as a chaise longue, the size and form of the Soft Modular Sofa can be customised to meet a diverse range of requirements. And optional elements like the ottoman and additional cushions as well as a wide selection of leather and fabric covers in a variety of colours allow further personalisation of any individual configuration.
Upholstery and cushions
- Seat: steel frame, wood construction with steel springs, polyurethane foam structure and visco cover.
- Seat height: 380 mm (270 mm with applied load, measured in accordance with EN 1335-1:2000).
- Armrests and backrest: wood construction with polyurethane foam structure and chamber cushion overlay (filling made of polyurethane foam rods and polyester fibres).
- Covers: removable.
- Throw cushions: foam cube and ball fibre filling.
- Neck cushion: polypropylene pellet filling.
- Glides: plastic glides with levelling adjustment.
- Ottoman structure: wood construction, steel springs and polyurethane foam structure with visco cover.
Jasper Morrison lives and works in London and Tokyo. His designs are expressions of the ‘super normal’ design philosophy: rather than seeking unusual or extravagant results, he often breathes new life into proven solutions by means of reinterpretation, further development and refinement. He has worked together with Vitra on a regular basis since 1989.